Wednesday, April 9, 2014

four of my favorite quotes.

"Only once, and very late at night, did I run downstairs and out into the street with my pajamas on, gasping and watering, waiting for something-- a car? an angel?-- to come rescue or kill me, but there was nothing, only streetlights and a cat."    
Lorrie Moore, Anagrams

“I don’t belong here. I know that. But I don’t belong anywhere else, either. And that is at the heart of the black depression pressing down on me, flattening me. I have no place. No home. Sex, but no real affection. I am kept, but not cherished.”
Ellen Hopkins,  Tricks

“I am hopelessly in love with a memory. An echo from another time, another place.”
Michael Faudet

“I’m just dying to say, “Hey, do you ever feel like jumping off a bridge?” or “Do you feel an emptiness inside your chest at night that is going to swallow you?” But you can’t say that at a cocktail party.”
Paul Gilmartin, The Mental Illness Happy Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment